Thursday, October 25

My Grandma (October 25, 2007)


Another children's literature that fondly reminds me of my late grandmother was this book called, Ben and Gran and the Whole Wide Wonderful World. It is a story about grandmom who promised to see her grandchild for tea but the problem is that both are living far, far away from each other.

My grandma had been very supportive of my studies. I was involved in a lot of fights with my dad and because of these fights, he refused to send me to school. My grandma made it possible for me to continue studying by financing my studies.

My grandma passed away many years ago but I wasn't told of her demise. I learned about it through a cousin who is also from another part of the world. I was told later, that it wasn't necessary for me to fly and attend the burial as I am living far away. I was devastated.

That was many years ago. I felt better when I started dreaming about her welcoming me in her arms. She will be standing by the door giving me this wonderful smile and saying, "I am glad to see you again." I don't dream of her anymore but she is always in my memory and in my heart. One of the best persons in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment