Friday, October 26

Fascination (October 26, 2007)


I am always fascinated by things that fly even when I was a young boy. I am always on the look out for things such as airplanes, butterflies, helicopters, and for fictional characters such as Superman and Batman. I always wish that I can soar in the sky just like them.

Then I became fascinated with painting when I was very sick and bored. I started illustrating birds and they became the subject of my paintings. Small in scale and very simple, I enjoyed making them and brought them to life by framing them.

Recently, I went through my cupboards and found all twenty four paintings I made many years ago. They were in a pitiful state as the paper had been splattered with brown spots. Anyway, the paintings still serve as reminders of my fascination for things that fly. It was my secret wish that I can soar and glide and fly through the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment