Saturday, October 6

Little Angel, Big Heart Part 2 (October 06, 2007)

I always have sweet little angels in my class who gives me a welcome hug in the morning, a smile every now and then, or a smile and goodbye at the end of the day. Just days ago, a parent commented how she had observed the relationship the children have with me. “You are loved by the children.” I just smiled.

During our show and share session, a boy aged four forgot to bring his item for showing. Instead, he took out a small package from his bag and gave it to me. I asked him what’s inside and he told me they were three pieces of chocolate cookies.

“It’s for you. I have my show and tell for you only.

I wrapped it myself at home.
I am giving them because you are good to me.”

I thanked the child, gave him a hug, and turned my back to wipe the tears in my eyes. Another heaven sent.

I feel empty for the past few days but these moments will surely give me the strength to go on. The will to live, for others.

1 comment:

  1. Hello teacher Jonathan.

    I planned that when I go to school I will tell you which posts I like best each day. But I like too many of them and I will feel funny if I give you a list of them. So I decided to leave a comment to let you know I really enjoy reading your blog and that I have read until here... I calculated. I read about 1 month of posts per day so it will take me about 2 months to finish all of them. :D

    I also read your newest post. Goldilock is my favorite story too. But I don't like her. I think she is one nasty girl ...but after working with children...I think she is merely a young little girl after all. I also remember wanting to be the baby bear...you know. I know that his mama will make more soup for him and his daddy will make new chairs for him. :)

    ReplyDelete