Friday, October 5

Little Angel, Big Heart (October 05, 2007)


Many years ago in my travel to Europe, I’ve encountered a situation that became a lesson for me. I was robbed of my money in broad daylight. The robber used a knife to scare me and I willingly, though with some debating, gave my money. After the incident, I immediately called via phone the only one person I know (a parent of my former student) who resides in that country. I needed someone at that time to console me, someone just to be with me at that time.

I met the mum at the train station and she was with my student, a three year old girl at that time. I was sipping tea when I spotted her. She was holding a big rose and a bag of cookies and then she approached me. And she said with her big smile, “Good afternoon, Teacher Jonathan.” I was teary eyed and I gave her a big hug. I felt better.

Sometimes the worst moment of our lives is upset by the best moment. It just reassures us that not everything in this world is bad. As always, there is sunshine after the rain.

1 comment: