Friday, August 15

Dad (August 15, 2008)


I was browsing blogs and journal entries when I came upon an entry written by Toilet Thoughts at http://atoxicmind.blogspot.com/2008/06/five-things-i-learned-from-my-dad.html . His entry was so moving I was in tears reading it. The entry was about his dad.

I have nothing much to share about my father. When I was growing, I always felt left alone and neglected that I didn’t have any bond with my dad. I always feel inside my heart that he doesn't want me around. I tried very hard to show my greatness but it was always blindsided by my siblings.

Though given a rough road to take, I embraced the hardships and unfairness amongst my siblings and made a life of my own. I left and started living without any help or support. I started from scratch with the help of my new employer. It was a rough, rough road.

However, whatever transpired during those years, I still owe what I have to my dad. My younger years living with my family made me stronger as I battled even stronger forces being alone. The anguish and disappointments made me stronger to eventually face the harsh realities of life. I succeeded and my dad was instrumental to my success.

Today is his birthday and I owe everything I have to my dad. He is by far my greatest motivator. Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment