Sunday, August 10

The One and Only (August 10, 2008)



After reading the book The One and Only by Holly Hobbie, I asked my student whether she was Opal, who is patient and calm even when being copied by someone or Daphne who reacts consistently when she sees such copying behaviour. She immediately answer that she was Opal.

There was a time in my teaching career that a newly hired teacher copied everything I did in class. I helped her during her beginning days but I was actually waiting for her to acknowledge it and say, that she needed some help. I learned from a reliable source in school that she sneaked in and out of my classroom when I am gone and then took photographs of everything , and then execute those lessons and art works in her class.

When I confronted her about the issues, she told me that those that I see were her ideas and not copied from someone. I was flabbergasted as they were exact replicas of my work. I dismissed the issue and let it passed. I still remember being angry and saddened by her answers.

I learned my lessons and hopefully, she did.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Interesting... opal and daphne...

    And about that co-teacher... hmmmm... she probably saw you as the best example for such works...

    as they say... imitation is the best form of flattery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do believe in that but I was just hoping that she had the temerity to ask...that's all.

    ReplyDelete