Friday, October 3

ARK (October 04, 2008)


There is this movie called Mighty Evan that I saw one lazy afternoon on cable teevee. I was just switching channels when I stumbled upon a conversation between Evan and God. God has asked Evan to build an ark so that he can save the animals and people from a coming disaster. The theme of which is familiar to bible readers.

The one word that struck me was the acronym for ARK as one act of random kindness. Then I asked myself if I practice that and the answer is no. I have acts of kindness but done reasons. I do help people in distress but I have to think it twice or more. I do share my time with people but it is always limited. I do enjoy being with friends but I am always in a hurry to be home. I do give people the opportunity to know me but then I shy away afterwards. I am not being spontaneous. I am not being generous of my time and presence.

There are many opportunities to show our ARK and in many differing situations. The old woman by the bus stop, your officemate in distress, a friend who is ill, a relative who is looking for someone to trust, and many others. I’ll start again as I have lost my generosity and spontaneity during these years. One act of kindness can go miles and miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment