Monday, October 5

Hurry and the Monarch


Another charming literary piece I recently uncovered in my stack of books is Hurry and the Monarch written by Antoine O Flatharta. It essays the dialogue between a monarch butterfly and a tortoise named Hurry as they speak about the coming winter. It compares and contrast the two most interesting creatures in the world. One fluttering away to escape the cold weather and one wandering mindful to the everyday affairs of the garden.

The illustrations enthralled me and made me wish that I could do what the artist Meilo So, had accomplished. The lines, composition and colours evoke a high sense of wonder and amazement. She is such a talented artist.

The feelings evoked by one page as the monarch butterfly rested on a curtain pricks my ever so sensitive heart.

She flies in through an open window and thinks it might be nice to rest her
worn wings for a while in the folds of a sun-coloured curtain.
For a while becomes forever.


The story described a beginning of a journey, an end, a longing for an adventure, a wondering mind, and of hope. Overall, it is a great book and a recommended read for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment