Tuesday, July 3

Generous Words From a Stranger

I scout garage sales on the web especially for books and game boards for my teaching use. I found one mom who had been doing some spring cleaning and who sold her stuff as they were to leave Thailand for Australia. 


I do not know her but during the short courses of our discussions through the net and in person; she was able to read me that most of the people around me doesn't really bother.


To quote:


I feel encouraged to know a teacher like you who always look for materials to improve the learning experiences of your students.  As I am a mother myself and I also do a bit of here and there like home school session at home with my son, knowing you doing the same, I feel that you are a good teacher... 
 

It is quite interesting to know that you put high value to play & learn through games with children. Very impressed...


So glad to know a teacher like you. You work on  the subjects you are teaching. Your students are lucky to have you as their teacher. If my son lived here in Thailand, we would love to send him to you.


Not everyone is a generous with their words. Some take their time with me for granted while others value them a lot. To each his own, ces't la vie!


A big thanks to Mrs. Kay!

2 comments:

  1. The best schools do not produce the best students. A dedicated and inspiring teacher does... Keep up the good work...and best wishes from another retired teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thanks for the visit. What you wrote is very true. Even if I am in this school or in an orphanage teaching or in a hospital with bed-ridden children, I still do my best.
    I will till I retire like you and then start learning how to cook like you :)

    ReplyDelete