Friday, June 22

From Humble Beginnings

One of the greatest achievements of being an educator is to see his students perform well in life. I am an early childhood educator so my students range from three and a half to five. I had been in this vocation since I finished my undergraduate degree.

I met a colleague from a former school who happens to be the mother of one of my students many years past. She was very happy to share how her daughter is now competing in ice skating competitions and that the child is also a hooked in music. When I went to her concert, I also met two former students of mine.


The concert started with the beginning band playing musical scores from well-known musical geniuses. Then the concert band played and here I witnessed the two students I was writing about. Theirs were complete magical moments, rendering fast and jerky music, then slow and a writhing emotional piece. The last band was the advance group (with one of my other student) of which gave me goose bumps for their rendition of an original piece called Tsunami (a tribute to those who perished from the devastating tsunami that hit Thailand some years ago). 


Recently, I attended a dance recital and witnessed the many students who started their learning in our "little" school. They were bigger now, and some in their teens. I was mesmerized by them all and was teary eyed thinking how some started with no English language at all, no previous school background and now, in front of the audiences, beaming and dancing with excitement. 


My attendance to these events gave me something to be proud of. I am very happy to see that they had grown well and had been sharing their talent in music, dance and arts for people to appreciate. They will be shining glory of my teaching past. When good seeds are planted, expect good produce.



No comments:

Post a Comment