Sunday, October 9

Like a Shower

Most in life we meet tribulations and they come in three folds. When we are hopeful that one will pass, another one comes up when we haven't been able to solve the first. So when we pray hard and wait for a better view of life, we are not sure of what we will get. Our expectations of getting out of the rut becomes stuck. So we do things that we think is the best: we shrug them off or we cling to them. 


I met people whose problems had surpassed their patience and hope. I helped in my own little and big ways people who were suffering with their health or with some of their basic needs. I empathized well to those needing a listening ear and left them with a much lighter load.


This time of the year, I am the one in need but I keep them all inside me. I am quiet and in my silence, my whole self is like an erosion of my being as I battle major and minor issues both personal and work related. I suffer as I keep all my thoughts deep inside. I cannot cry anymore even if anger is wrapping up my heart. I feel alone.


I guess people have their own problems and they seek solutions in many different ways. I am just like you. I complain when things get tough or when things are not met with gratitude. Our long dreary road of serving, helping, taking time offs, and loving others are met with obscurities and neglect. So we look for outlets to find ourselves safe again. 


This beautiful tree that hangs around my garden reminds me of a shower. As a shower of conflicts can ruin my months or year, I still have faith and hoping that a shower of blessings will come forth soon and make me smile again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment