Sunday, June 24

The Metaphor of My Life

I woke up later than usual since it was a Sunday. I came down and was surprised to see the light was brighter at the dining section of the house rather than in the couch area. I immediately went outside to see the reason for such differences. The whole pergola of the bougainvillea vine fell down on the walkway. The smaller trees and plants were covered with spiky thorns and leaves from this vine filled with pink flowers or bracts to be precise. 


After having my breakfast, I took my pruning shears and started from the top. I wanted to free two of my most gorgeous plants trapped underneath this humongous climber. I succeeded! Then I went under the dome shaped enclosure to free the bird's nest ferns. 


I went out to buy a pruning saw and in the late afternoon managed to cut the main trunk and most of the long archery branches filled with thorns that gave me all the pain I am feeling right now both on my hands and feet. Either I was poked constantly or I stepped on fallen branches by accident. It was grueling.


Then when I tried pulling each and every branch, one slipped off my hand and I lost my balance and fell on the ground hurting my arm and my foot. I laughed since I knew that I looked ridiculous and then I cried. I was sweaty, dirty, and hurting. Oh, did I even mention I am sick right now with fever. 


When I saw the fallen vine, it reminded me of situation right now, my problem. How apt that the plant was pretty when in bloom but thorny all throughout, my heavy load. I was struggling to save what were underneath with my tiny pruning shears, my resources. I wont' be able to clean the whole mess in one afternoon, my given time. It will take patience and generosity of spirit to make the walkway heaven like, my goal. It takes a firm belief that I can do it, my inner strength.


It take situations like this to hone my persona. It gives me an opportunity to shine in my own way. I know that with what I am experiencing right now, I will find solutions. 

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is shining! Shine with God's love. :)

    ReplyDelete