Saturday, June 30

Flying in July

It is July and it is during this month that most of the people I know are gone or had left for good. It is also this month that I get to be free from teaching as I embark on a journey to visit my family and elsewhere.


As I go home, July is a difficult month as I get to know the many changes that happened during half of the year. Secrets are kept from me so I get to decipher each and every code, trying to read minds, balancing truth with whimsy stories as I listen to every person I meet.


July is a great month since I get to see good old friends and meet new ones. My meetings, schedule permitting, will allow me to visit a former colleague from work, another friend who is my only e-mail buddy, and an old lost soul who arrived from the US. My journey will take me to the infamous Chocolate Hills and Panglao Island with two former classmates of mine. A short trip will bring me to the islands of Taiwan where I get to see my former high school friends and a very close cousin.


July is one exciting month for me. It is a time to be joyful for bringing in old friends and family together. It also becomes a transition period for a new beginning comes August. I wish you all a great July!

2 comments: