Thursday, June 14

Range of Emotions: Anger


When I was young, I was the epitome of anger. I had many bouts of anger be it at home or in school. Most of the time, I walked out because I felt betrayed, unwanted, targeted, treated unfairly and discriminated. 

Who wouldn't when my neighbour teased us with such racial insults? 

Who wouldn't when I am bullied in school? 

Who wouldn't when I study hard but still get the insults for getting what was expected?

Who wouldn't when your siblings go to school and I had to beg for tuition fees just to continue? 

Who wouldn't when I am discriminated because of my colour? 

Who wouldn't when I am looked down for being simple? 

Who wouldn't be when everyone in your group was invited except me?

I remember all of them and I remember the names and situations I was confronted with, confronted by and confronted for. I believe it is time to forget and the reflections I am writing are just telling me that I have changed miles and miles compared to my younger days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment