Wednesday, June 6

Sunset Part 2


The children were whispering and they were giving me hints. "You will get it back!" "I will see you at Milano." "That's the painting you will get." "My mom told me not to tell you."

Our assistant principal and the rest of the school staff knew but they were quiet. They knew the plans being concocted by the parents of my class but they remained silent.

I was very curious and I shared some discoveries, then realizing everyone knew. Even my assistant knew it. I ended up putting things together to make some sense to my discoveries and made myself ready for Sunday.

It was a rainy late afternoon when I went to Milano. A few of the girls in my class were in the playground and when I entered the premises, parents of my students were there, gathered and greeting me with hellos. Later, the rest of my class were in attendance, happily jumping in the bouncy castle available for play.

They were all there, parents and children alike, to honour me as their children's teacher. And in all the fanfare and everything, I was given a priceless gift, a painting I made with the children in class, the Sunset Boulevard one. I was laughing and felt very strange indeed to received such a marvellous present which fetched 20 thousand baht during the auction. Another historic event, not only because of the amount of money spent for such a piece but also the first time to be invited by the whole class for dinner.

The entire place was filled with children and dignified foreigners representing almost ten countries. I was in awe and I was very humbled. Forever grateful, the class of 2011-2012 will be one unforgettable class. 

A big thank you to all the children and their parents: the Rust family, the Busabok family, the Reed family, the Curlin family,  the Eliaz family, the Redl family, the Bunworasate family, the Elik family, the Sereeyothin family, the Goense family, the Lekawska family, the Staib Hansen family, the Venn family, the Wittner family, and the Werner family.

No comments:

Post a Comment