Monday, July 16

Pondering Each Moment

Using the overhead projector and some transparent flowers and beads, a child went to place her cut out on top and arranged them on the overhead to project a scene worth a snapshot. The cut out looks like a person or a small 'alien' thing wandering around and showered with falling flowers.


Small moments like these are given big emphasis in school as narrations often spring out from such creation. Children can tell us about the magic of flowers or the loneliness of a child. It can also say something about a discovery, an exploration or a joyful realization. 


Sometimes when I am just sitting down on my couch and doing nothing, it brings a sense of awakening that something is amiss. When I ride a boat to travel from one point to the next, the quietness of the water and the splashes give me inner peace. Or when I pick my planting gear to clean up or repot a mature plant, I am pleasantly surprise in many ways. 


Each moment bring a sense of renewal as long as we stop and ponder the things that surround us. Each moment brings out narrations worthy of blogging or sharing to others. What I learn maybe nothing for others but it is still a process of my growing, of being me. 

2 comments:

  1. Very philosophical. Beautiful words, contemplative post...very deep. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I enjoy writing and it is very humbling to hear nice things from a fellow teacher.

    ReplyDelete