Friday, July 6

The Animal Train



One of the summer's art projects was to draw different animals and then lined them up as riding a train. The process was very rewarding as I saw how the children enjoyed choosing and then illustrating their own animal and later, painting them with water colours. 


It was prominently displayed in one of the bare walls of the classroom and will be a great addition to a nursery or child's room. Sometimes, I feel that the artist in me is ready to burst and that I have to do large scales, but knowing that every child in class opens up creatively is already a great reward.

4 comments:

  1. ang galing ah.. nahiya naman ang mga art activities ko hihih

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. May talent naman ako sa painting pero large scale kasi.

    I wanted small and short projects like yours but I cannot draw people, it's my waterloo.

    Ako nga ang bilib na bilib sa artworks mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! You teach Art? Or you use these pictures as teaching aids? Kids love pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use art to involve children in project work. This summer, we ventured on zoo animals so I asked the children to draw what they can since they just turned four years and with a little guidance, I put all the illustrations together to make a train. This is actually based on a story by Eric Carle.

    ReplyDelete