Friday, February 8

One Rainy Afternoon

The weather had been very troublesome. On days that are colder, I pick up a sweater to wear on my motorbike ride and also in school. Then gloomy weather prevails in the afternoon with sudden gush of wind and the torrential rain. One afternoon, I was soaked when I reached my student's house.

I do arrive late in the evening and I do my usual chores of watering the garden, washing the dishes or putting my clothes in the washing machine. It is an ongoing routine and because I am tired most of the time, I become unmindful of some things that's happening in my house, especially the garden.

The day that rained incessantly for some hours, I was more negative in my perspective rather than thanking one night of off duty to water the garden. Instead, I was mumbling and cursing for being wet, bags and all, while letting my things dry using a hair dryer.

When morning came and I went out to wait for my ride, it humbled me upon seeing the work of nature so majestic and beautiful. I was in awe. I was humbled by nature's generosity and the plants never ending way of sharing their flowers and bounty. My cursing merit an apology to the rain because I only saw its downside rather than its blessings.


Rain if you may
Not less than a spot
Not much of a storm
Just simply enough.


Grant me some rain
as blessings from above
To water the plants
And send me some love.


For thy tiny creatures
some beauty behold
With your presence
A hundredfold.


Like shower of bliss
I therefore send
My apologies
To rain I make amends.


6 comments:

  1. thats a lovely poem
    i loved reading it
    and your garden looks great too
    i mean with those beautiful flowers it was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out a blessing after all. The flowers are really fantastic and your words are awesome:)
    Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ano po yung pangalawang bulaklak? Bumubukas din po ba yan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely flowers! and the poem too. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MEcoy - thank you for reading. There are many things around us that are beautiful but we need to look. A timely message for this month.

    @Joy - and I often see the dark side rather than the bright one. God makes many reminders for us. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pao - yes, bumubukas din siya. Ang name niya Wrightia Religiosa and mainly found in temples. Mabango kasi yan and my whole house is surrounded by this kind of plant so madami akong bees and wasps. Ingat ngat nga lang!

    @aboutambot - thank you and salamat sa dalaw. Lagi kang nawawala!

    ReplyDelete