Monday, March 4

Giving More Value

When I was younger, a godmother of mine gave me a cashbox to keep my valuable things. At that time, money was first in the box and then some knickknacks given by special people. There were some stickers, pins, a few letters and some coins as well. When we moved residence, the box was then stored in a bigger box and was long forgotten.


The stickers were thrown as well as the other not so important things. I kept the money for remembrance: the bigger bills were from my school allowance while the 2 peso bills were from my yearly carolling stints every Christmas. When I give importance to the small stickers given to me before, it's a different story now. Don't get me wrong, I'm a pack rat so all things given to me are kept in boxes ready for the imminent move again. 

20 peso bills
5 peso bills
2 peso bills
10 peso bills

If there is one thing I give much importance now, it is time. Since I had lived in regrets not having this and that, I finally told myself that I have to move and pick up the pieces. It is the right time to wake up (to set limits on giving), the right time to challenge myself (to accept the administrative job offer) and the right time to be happy (to learn to love myself). 

14 comments:

  1. ang galing naman sir natago mo pang ang mga bills na yun :) collector's item na rin ah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice memories and right perspective.
    Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jep - oo nga, natago ko pa. Mayroon pa nga akong 5 peso coins. When I asked a friend how much their value now, times two lang, waaah!

    @joy- a right perspective indeed. There are many things I learn from looking back.

    @cyron - dami ngang memories just looking at the bills. Sana kumain ako ng barbeque instead of catsup lang with my kanin, lol! Ang tipid ko kaya nung kabataan ko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. naku hindi ko na yata naabutan ang mga perang 'yan...hehehe... haaaaayyyy but really they remind us of our past.... aaminin ko na, naabutan ko naman sila... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ahh grabe ka kaingat
    ganda pa ng quality nung mga pera at nung box ako kasi packed rat din pero di ganyna hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ senyor - sige na, matanda na ako at bata pa kayo, lol! Hindi na nga ako mag post ng mga sinauna, nahuhulaan kung ilang taon ako.

    @ MEcoy - maingat talaga ako, lahat ng report cards ko nasa akin pa, i-post ko ba, para malaman kung masipag ba akong mag- aaral o hindi?

    ReplyDelete
  7. go go go! congrats sa promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kakabilib naman! Ako kahit isa walang naitago hehehe

    Di ko matandaan kung naabutan ko ang mga yan hehehe

    Kakabilib talaga ^^ saka ganda ng box... mukhang antique na hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huwaw natabi mo pa yun sir.

    Nachallenge naman ako sa sinabi mo sa huli. Lalo na sa right time to be happy. hehe.

    Good luck sa challenge mo sir and congrats.

    btw sang bansa ka?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ aboutambot- thanks, pinag iisipan ko pa. Overwhelming na sa klase baka hindi ko makayanan, but will try.

    @jon - matanda na kasi ako at during that time, hindi ko kailangan ng pera, yabang!, tinago ko na lang kahit wala akong ulam sa tanghali.

    @archieviner - thank you. Madami tayong challenges kaya kailangan nating tanggapin kasi baka regrets ang abutin. Sa Thailand po si ako. Dalaw ka dito!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you to keep those things you know...i sometimes, we just need to go back from the past to live our future better...:) A new follower po...:)


    xx!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @xoxo grah - i always look back because I am grateful for what I have now. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sa thailand ka pala sir. Balak kong dumalaw dyan baka next year. See you :)

    dalaw kadin dito sa NC. hehe

    ReplyDelete