Tuesday, March 12

One Quiet Sunday

It was not just an ordinary Sunday as I did not work this time. It was a day for a rest but I decided to leave the house for a change. I went to Saraburi, a province in the central part of Thailand, with a close friend of mine who drove 150 +- kilometres so we can visit a waterfall. Traversing the road without a map was a challenge and we were relying on signs to reach our destination.

We were looking for Namtok Chet Sao Noi, translated as Chet Sao Noi waterfalls so looking at names and signs was like hunting for something exotic and funny sounding names. We were told to go to Khaeng Koi ( seriously?) and follow the highway till we see another sign that says Sao Noi.  I saw Phu Kae (which is not so good if I say it back home) and we kept on going until we were lost. We made four u-turns before we finally reached the place and headed to the waterfalls.
First Level
Second Level
So Inviting!

The three and a half drive was worth it once I saw the beauty of the water, though muddy looking because of the swimmers, but still tranquil and cold to the senses. The waterfall has seven levels and it was very inviting. Even if I am a big fan of falls, I decided to just take photographs and be awed, not by the swimmers, but by the sheer beauty of nature. 

Many had been lost by the business of living but still a few had been taking time out to enjoy what is free. Every small steps of my afternoon stroll by the waterfalls was a reflection of how I should be in life. The movement of the water, flowing from way high above the mountain, is certain. It goes in many crevices, runs through cracks and holes, moves through the wide space and encompasses the entire area. It seeks the lowland.

Water should be allowed to flow in order not to stagnate. For me, I shouldn't be 'just' teaching, but I should also be learning new things. I should not 'just' be a good friend, but I should bridge friendships. I should not 'just' be a messenger of news, I should be an advocate of change. If I do not flow like the  water, I will not grow. 

9 comments:

  1. Sir Jonathan, nasa Thailand pala kayo ngayon. Meron din akong kilalang pinoy blogger na nasa bansang Thailand din right now. Si Ishmael of Before the Eastern Sunset blog. Baka kilala nyo sya hehe.

    Ang ganda nung Chet Sao Noi water falls :)

    and yeah, learning is a continues process. We learn everyday sa bawat tao na nakikilala natin at sa mga karanasan na hatid nito.

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice ganda naman nya napaka soothing talaga pagmasdan ng katubigan,
    hmm ganda ng sinabe mo ahh!
    very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ fiel - i will check the blog out. Yes, we learn and we should from each and every experiences. God bless!

    @MEcoy - thanks at may natutunan ka naman sa aking pananaw. Excited naman me sa kahihinatnan ng kuwento mo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! How are you? Haven't been around here for a while. Lovely place, so serene...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day Mr Jonathan.

    I'm glad to know na may isa pang Pinoy blogger na naglalagalag dito sa Thailand. Too bad that we know each other kung kelan pauwi naako ng Pinas.

    Hindi na rin ako nakabisita sa kahit anong waterfalls sa Thailand. May plano sa kaming pumunta sa isang waterfalls sa may Lam Phang kaso hindi naman natuloy.

    Salamat sa pagbisita sa aking blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi suituapui - i am fine. I had been having difficulty visiting your site because it keeps on asking if I own the email address and when I click yes, I cannot comment.

    Hi ishmael - uuwi ka na, tapos na contract mo dito. Sayang nga at hindi man laman tayo nagkakilala. Anyway, may blog naman. We could have blog our highs and downs here in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. Tapos na ang kontrata ko para mag-stay sa Thailand. Balik Pinas uli. Pero yung mga gala ko dito sa Thailand mga ilang buwan pa ang aabutin bago ko maikwento lahat sa aking blog.

    Sige po. Kwentuhan na lang tayo sa ating mga blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Napahanga na naman ako, not only with the pictures, but also with your words.
    Very nice post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. We should be like water even in our blog entries, flowing.

    ReplyDelete