Tuesday, July 2

Children, Children, What Do You See?

I am an avid fan of Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle who are the people behind the best selling children's literature Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and I had been using this book since I started teaching. During the last month of school, I asked the children to review what we intended to do as part of our project on the city which was a book. Instead of publishing the pages, we decided to give it a twist by making story boards for the Kamishibai stage I borrowed from a Japanese family.

the Kamishibai stage
photo credit: www.lisheenmontessori.com

Here is the finished product, sans the Kamishibai stage.

Guy, Guy, what do you see?
I see houses 1, 2 3.

Matteo, Matteo, what do you see?
I see buildings tall as can be.

Emina, Emina, What do you see?
I see people looking at me.

Prim, Prim, What do you see?
I see trees standing by me.

Nikki, Nikki, What do you see?
I see a dog and a cat staring at me.

Jason, Jason, What do you see?
I see vehicles zooming by me.

Benjamin, Benjamin, What do you see?
I see the stoplight flashing at me.

Gene, Gene, What do you see?
I see a river with fish swimming so free.

16 comments:

  1. Ang huhusay naman talaga ng mga students nyo sir Jonathan :) Ang galing ng visual interpretations nila oh XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiel,

    The children are now gone for summer break and will be attending kindergarten at a nearby school. getting them ready for that is a big task like how I train them to execute their creativity in many ways.

    Some parents are actually reading these comments, though I translate them in English. So thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naalala ko gnyan mga drawing ko dati hahahaa ... Sir jonthan po , astig din pala pati mga parents ng mga kids nagbabasa blog mo,! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Josh,

    So hinay hinay lang sa revelations or comments, baka may mabuking ang mga parents, ha,ha,ha. Thanks sa pagdalaw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nakikita ko yung sarili ko nung elementary ako ganyang ganyan ako mag drawing hihihi....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ang cute naman ng mga gawa! saya siguro marinig yan na nirerecite ng mga kiddies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rix,

    Pareho kayo ni Josh, sa tingin ko naman graduate na kayo sa ganyang interpretations. I hope to see your drawings NOW! Bossy lang.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi MEcoy,

    Gawa nila yung sentences so sila sila din mismo ang nag rerecite without prompts. Sinasabihan ko ngang, lower down your voices, sumisigaw kasi. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. poi, poi, what do you see?

    artists disguised as kids, painting with glee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gege, gege, what do you see?

    I see my brother writing back to me.

    (where's the e-mail message you promised?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nako po, walang improvement.. kaya nga sa ibang art na lang ako bumabawi hindi sa drawing ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anong art naman yun? Maka back read nga.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I super love these arts. I still keep all my two children's art even from before school age and til now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My students had been giving me short messages and drawings and most of them are still with me. Pack rat langs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Balut Balut what do you see?
    "I see an informative post where kids can learn with glee!"

    Nice one Teacher Jonathan :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jon, Jon, What do you see?

    I see Balut smiling at me!

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete