Saturday, July 27

Senyor y Yu

I visited the Yuchengco Museum when I was at RCBC Plaza along Ayala and Senato Gil Puyat corners in Makati Ciy, the Philippines. I was enthralled by the number of great masterpieces displayed prominently at the ground floor of the museum as well as those found on the different levels.

Don Enrique and Dona Maria Yuchengco
by
Carlos "Botong" Francisco

Crucifix No. 6
by
Ang Kiukok

Three Women with Baskets
by
Anita Magsaysay-Ho

Kambal (Twins)
by
Benedicto "Bencab" Cabrera

Woman Cooking
by
Fernando Amorsolo


Camote Eaters
by
Carlos "Botong" Francisco

Suspended Garden
by
Tony Gonzales and Tes Pasola

Senyor y Yu
by
 Mr. and Mrs. Senyor Iskwater
and
Mr. and Mrs. Yu
I tumbled upon Senyor Iskwater's blog when he wrote something about BFF qualities and I became a regular visitor of his home. He writes with much gusto and in the Filipino vernacular. There are times I have to read and re-read the posting up to three times since I just cannot get the meaning of words unfamiliar to me. Mind you, I have grown well in using the language when I started visiting blogs since early December.

My initial feeling about this writer is that he is very straight forward and finds himself challenging readers and other social figures as well. His topics are sometimes alien to me especially when it is about politics but I still give some time to read them, though I don't comment as much. He has a sense of humour that surfaces through the words and phrases he uses tickling the brains of his readers.

A man with a big heart, my short conversation with him during our meet gave me a new perspective on how I should be with my father. Coming from a man who have issues with his, he presented a viewpoint that I reflected within these few days. When one speaks from the heart, it touches even the inner core of my shelved feelings, thus the renewal. I thank Senyor for his wonderful sharing and camaraderie during my visit at RCBC.  

Maraming salamat! It was an honour!

32 comments:

  1. Wow, beautifully written post ! Nice pics too !

    When we are in the company of great people we grow in all dimensions. Those people inspire, motivate, support and transform us.

    It was a pleasure to read this all positive post.

    Have a great day ahead !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rajiv,

    I wrote this as a thank you note to all the bloggers who gave their time and stories to share during my short stay. Maybe next time I will be in Kerala to see you since I haven't been to India. Have a great day as well!
    Than you for the great words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great paintings kuya sa Yuchengco Museum, hindi pa ako nakakarating jan :)

    How I wish I will meet Senyor too in the future.

    Nice meeting you kuya, and kuya Asiong din.. :))) THANK YOU. It's an honour to meet someone like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nakakatuwa ang mga ganyang mga paintings.. meron din dito sa aming museum kaya lang laging nakasara.. at worst pa ay nilagyan ng fast food chain sa ibaba ng building.. di tuloy napapansin ang museum kundi ang kainan .. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. well it's undeniable senyor sure is very witty and it comes with great humor, honestly i look up to him,
    anyway, i always see that museum but i never got a chance to go inside.
    too bad when senyor texted me that day you met him i was almost home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Izdiher,

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jessica,

    Thank you as well Jessica for finding time to meet us. It was so much fun! I wish you all the best in your studies and painting esp. the latest one. Miss you and Asiong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Orville,

    Hindi kasi mabenta sa Pinoy people ang museum. Even fine artworks are a rarity in households. Art or food, food or art...definitely food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MEcoy,

    There will always be a next time but you were one of the very first I wanted to meet to say thank you for the visits for every post. So thank you for sharing your precious time to me and to other bloggers with your comments. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aha! Ito pala yong sinasabi ni Senyor na meet up nyo! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel grateful to Senyor.. If not for his encouragements, I would not have met all of you wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So this is the start of the story of your bloggers EB adventure...

    At talagang nakunan mo ang mga paintings ha. Passion mo kasi...

    May kasalanan sakin yang si Senyor sa paf describe nya sakin to you = Nakasalamin LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Nice arts. By the way, I met Senyor too and for me he is an intelligent man, kindhearted , sweet ouside but inside. Enjoy Sir Jonathan:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Mar,

    Ikaw naman ang next since sabi nga cute ka daw at mabait. Gusto kong makita kung tumpak ba ang mga descriptions, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Yccos,

    I know. Senyor was asking me to meet him for every comment he was posting so I gave myself a kick to finally say yes and glad I did! My next adventure will be our meet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot !
    You are always welcome to Kerala, God's own country !

    Best of luck !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to see both of you!

    ..and those amazing masterpieces too!
    kahanga-hangang mga likha... salute to those exceptional artists!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ms. Balut,

    Yours is next with the salamin story. I am so excited when I wrote yours kasi I wanted it to be different. Abangan na lang!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Ms. Joy,

    I heard and read your blog meets with some of them and isn't it wonderful. And putting them in our blogs make it more exciting to reminisce thus the great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ric,

    Mas kahanga hanga are those people who shell out their money to preserve works of our national artists. The painters and artists are the national treasure of the country. Emulated and respected in other countries, they should be our role models as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Malpit lng work ko dyan nasa harapan lng pla nian ..sana mkita ko din po kau in person

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats you were able to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hala malapit lang din ako doon :D. Im working in from of makati med ahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow... short conversation??? from 5pm to 9pm??? hmmnnn....

    til next time ha... Nice meeting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Josh,

    Nag send ako ng e-mail sa iyo since I arrived pero walang reply so I was guessing you were busy. Anyway,madami pala kayong taga Makats so puwede kayong mag get together all the time.

    Hello Rix,

    Diyan ka rin! And kailangan palang may addresses at work places kayong lahat so that madaling i-contact per person. I hope to see you both Josh and Rix one day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ Senyor - short yan noh, dahil mas madaming time and naubos kakalakad at kakahitit, ha,ha,ha. Mukhang nahabaan ka yata sa 5 to 8.

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ Olivr- photos meaning the one from the museum, I thought I could until I read the brochure :(

    On senyor, of course I could, he likes being photographed :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW, RCBC HAS A GREAT GALLERY OF ARTWORKS PALA! COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. actually 1 lang ang building namin ni Josh ahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Okay pag si Senyor ang nameet mo, talagang puro wisdom ang ibabato sayo ;) haha! Of course puro tawanan din!

    ReplyDelete
  31. @ Winzton - try to visit though there is an admission fee of a hundred but worth it. I like museum though.

    @ Ric - so lagi ba kayong nagkikita ni Josh?

    @Pao - parang hindi yata kami nagtawanan. Sobrang serious usapan namin. Puro bukol nga ako paguwi, sa kababato niya ng wisdom...lol!

    ReplyDelete