Thursday, July 4

A Part of Me 2

Digging from the many boxes stored in my house, I came upon all these old things of mine. They reminded me of my younger days, primary grades to be exact with one exception, and how once in my youth, I was a proud owner of these wonderful things.


I bet this is no longer in fashion nowadays. I would look like an owl but I guess it fits my persona as a teacher. I will definitely look wiser or a weirdo, whatever.


I was mighty proud having this water bottle hanging around my shoulders for show off. I was one if not the only one who spotted this kind in my school. Guess being a show off is already a part of me since my early years. I wonder why 90, must be the number of years I need to keep this as a souvenir of the past. Let me count how many more...


Love this, love this. In its pristine condition, I probably used this pencil case just for storage since it is still clean inside. We always have this proud moments of having the coolest pencil cases around. I am grateful I didn't keep a Hello Kitty one. 


I used to collect matchboxes, not of sports cars, but of construction vehicles. These four are the remaining ones since somebody's been sneaking in my cupboards. They don't make them anymore since I went scouting for some a few years back.


These coloring books are all in good condition. I do not have an active childhood and I was often at home doing my school work (in three languages and one dialect) and coloring. Not that I am studious, I was just a nerd.


And lastly, a good friend from high school gave this to me as a present. Would you know what this one is and how to use it? I will let you guess. 

This is a part of me, cannot be taken away, but had been a source of many memories. The first Part of Me, was posted last January.

24 comments:

  1. hahah geek glasses na parang ninoy, yung water container naalala ko yan sobrang in yan noong early/late 90's. Mahilig din ako sa activitiy books yan ang madalas ibili sa amin ni Mama pag galing sya sa palengke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayan magkakabukuhan na ulit sa idad, lol! Magtatayo na ako ng museum, arts and artifacts, dinosaur edition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid, meron akong laruan na patrol car. Remote controlled sya with all the lights and sounds ng isang patrol car. 2 or 3 times ko lang yata sya nalaro dahil tinago na ng nanay ko sa cabinet. Doon sa pinakataas na hindi ko maaabot. Every time, I will just look at it behind the glass. Taga sira daw kasi ako ng mga laruan noon. Isang araw lang itinatagal, wasak wasak na hahaha... buti ka pa you manage to keep all of these! Ang galing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wala akong naitabing laruan since hindi ako binibili. Most were given so yung may senti value, naitago ko. May istorya kasi behind each item.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lili,

    Though they have no monetary value, the treasure lies in the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha naku samen wala na ni isa natira sa mga stuffs namen those days eeh
    haha walang mahilig magtabe samen eeh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good thing to know na u still have those things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo naman MEcoy, mahirap itabi yan, mukhang messy sa bahay, anayin pa yung mga karton.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Josh,

    Naitabi lang at na post for senti reasons. Para kapag nawala na siya, mayroon akong alaala ng lumipas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, ang lakas maka throwback thursday naman nito sir Jonathan. I'm glad na you still keeping most of these stuffs from your childhood.

    Yung last item, parang pang slice yata ng pizza yun. Di ko lang sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hindi naman ito fb, pero puwede na din, he,he.

    Hindi siya pang slice, mayroon kayang makahula o ayaw lang hulaan kasi malalaman ang edad, lol!

    Magbigay kaya ako ng premyo, hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  12. HUlaan ko, yung last is like a stamp thingie to make DIY labels?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tumpak ka diyan Glentot. Paki claim na lang ang premyo dito, he,he,he.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nakakatuwa naman at meron ka nyan.. hehe.. ako meron akong mga memorabilia ng 90s pero wala na ang iba.. minsan iniisip ko sana totoo ang time machine para makapag travel back in time lang just to escape a certain moment. haay.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello brother "pack rat" ha ha ha

    At talagang sinundan ko yung Part 1 neto ang lakas lang maka-emo...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kakatuwa naman magbasa nang personal life mo. Touches my heart. Sayang, ako walang mga ganyan from childhood. We had nothing but memories:)
    Anyway, nice knowing you more.
    Have a nice weekend Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Orville,

    Oo nga, minsan we wanted to escape so kailangan natin ng time machine. We wanted to relive the past, to talk to someone we miss, to see someone we love. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Balut,

    Sister pala kita, kaya aanayin ang mga bahay natin dahil sa mga senti thingies na ito. I try to keep only the one with the greatest memories so mga limang kahon yan. Hindi nga mabitawan. Alam mo, may friend ako, tawag namin sa kanya Penoy, hi,hi,hi.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Joy,

    Alaala na din pero pag tumanda na kasi ako baka hindi ko na maalala so blog ko na siya. Oo nga, malalaman pala ng ibang tao kung sino at paano ako lumaki. Hindi po ako mayaman, bigay lang ang mga iyan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Jonathan
    Naku kung makikita mo lang pagka pack rat ko... pati sa collection which I'm sharing one by one sa blog ko then after that baka ma let go ko na rin isa isa hu hu hu

    I would love to meet Penoy lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ Balut - mahirap mag let go pero material things lang naman yun. Unti untiin mo na lang I dispose- puwedeng ibenta, I regalo sa iba o ibigay sa kawanggawa. I did!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoyed, good post !

    Subscribed to your blog's Atom feed.

    Already added your blog in my blog follow list.

    Thanks
    Rajiv
    www.magnificentdewdrops.blogspot.com
    www.magicalpresent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete