Saturday, September 13

Maokong Gondola

Maokong is located in the southeastern corner of Taipei City. The name Maokong, which means "Cat's Hollows," has nothing to do with an actual cat. The boulders and stones in the stream bed here are made of rocks of varying hardness, and over time the stream's waters have carved potholes in them. 


The vicinity and entrance of Maokong Gondola

Eyes of Maokong Gondola-Crystal Cabins

I took the crystal cabin as the floor is made from tri-layered reinforced glass. One can take photographs of the entire mountain ranges, city view, plantations, and fields of green. You can also see the bottom part of the cabin way above 500 meters from sea level.

Architecture and restaurants inside Maokong

If anybody is interested to visit Maokong, you need a day to see the sights and partake in the delicious treats as you enjoy the sceneries inside. You should also be ready to hike as there are numerous trails to explore as you visit tea plantations and tea shops. I was told that it is best to visit in the evening as the lights from the establishments give the entire place a homey feeling, one within the universe, a feeling among the stars and being one. 

I was by myself during this day trip but felt the need to have a company or some. There are times when I feel being alone and this was one where I felt I needed someone to walk side by side. Besides, the many eateries were so inviting I wasn't going to reserve and line up for hours to get a table for one. 

My Maokong Gondola experience was worth every penny and every sweat. But if you have the fear of heights, I suggest to skip the ride and hop on a bus instead.

6 comments:

  1. Sana magkaroon din ng cable cars dito sa Pinas. Gusto ko rin ma-experience sumakay sa mga ganyan, like nyang Maokong Gondola :)

    It's Cat's Hallows, so marami kayong nakitang pusa sa area sir Jo? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fiel,

    I went to another place filled with cats. Not the stray cats we see on the streets of Manila but nice fluffy cats the neighbourhood takes care of. This will be in another blog post. When I was there, I cannot stop thinking of you and cher Kat because of the cats.

    I doubt we will have cable cars in there. Ikaw na lang ang mamasyal. You can start with HK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad. Di ko maview ng klaro ang photos. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. nakakainggit naman ang pag gagala mo ☺

    sana sa mga susunod kong lamyerda sa ibang bansa naman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ms. Lili,

    Sorry but there were multiple pictures and the best way to present them will be with a collage. Dont worry next time will make single shots with multiple pictures in a post. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rix,

    Kaya yan, isang taon na lang naman ang pag aaral at kapag may bago ka nang work, kayang kaya na ng budget, go nah!

    ReplyDelete