Thursday, March 24

A Haunting Tale

"This place is haunted."
"Just what do you mean by that?"

"On the second floor of this building and in one of the rooms, an older woman shows herself on the mirror combing her hair.  Sometimes, she is there, sometimes not."
"Must be your imagination." 

"There is even a story of karaoke machine being shut off when some people are singing.  Sometimes, the volume lowers itself as they sing."
"Scary eh?"

"Yes!"
"Is there a story behind it?"
"We heard that the older woman died in this building, on the second floor some years ago."
"It must be her spirit."
"A weary one, I supposed."

Three years ago, the older woman succumbed to her illness from a stroke and failed to wake up.  She fainted in the bathroom and was found some minutes after.  The hospital medics were able to revive her but she failed to fight when she reached the hospital.  She was then pronounced dead.

The news of her departure reached me from the succeeding calls I received that fateful morning.  Her demise was a blow to my plans of taking her to the country where I am stationed.  The new car I bought became a hearse instead of our ride to new places.  I was stunned, downhearted and gave in to resignation.

That was three years ago but her spirit still lingers in the building where we once stayed.  May the prayers and merit making on a regular basis that I will do for my mum make her rest in peace.  


No comments:

Post a Comment