Monday, May 23

Not Just To Let It Grow

from Spring Growth, letting the climber grow itself
In a recent post, I mentioned that the climber is making its way all over the back of the house with its leaves and flowers.  I didn't mind the growth as I see it as welcoming.  I said, to let it grow, just like the new found happiness I have.  
I was wrong!  To let it grow means to let fate decides on its directions.  The wayward path of the climber went over and under, right and left, leaving little for me to walk around.  Like the happiness I am experiencing, I couldn't just let it happen, it needs some work.

So armed with my small scissors, I trimmed the sides, the bottom and the upper part of the climber. I went under to pull the dry leaves and climbed a stepladder to clear the canopy of unwanted vines.  It was a lot of work, just like being in a relationship, but it was worth the labour, because I get to have life realizations. 

after the trimmings
To the plant, to let it grow means to let nature takes its course.
To me, to let happiness grow, I need some work.
To achieve happiness, one needs to earn it.

And after the heavy trimmings, I was surprised to see that a branch of a flowering plant was heavily covered by its canopy.  Alas, there is another beauty underneath that overgrowth.  What a lovely surprise, that when I work on myself,  I will get to see improvements and good results. 

the blooms from the Adenium tree

another welcome surprise from the same tree

I need to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment