Wednesday, May 11

My Weekend

It was one boring weekend and even if there were hundreds of things to do, I went anyway.  As I was informed we were going to the beach, I was just expecting a two hours ride to the nearest one so I wasn't asking much.  Travel time was already six hours when I decided to say something. And when I looked at the GPS and saw we were heading to Myanmar, I went ballistic!

Where in the world are we going?
We are heading to Prachuap Kiri Khan.
What?! And why so far?
It's a long weekend and people might not think of staying there because of the distance.
Aha!  Wrong peeps!

Are there vacant rooms here?
Sorry, none!
Are there available rooms in here?
Khot hot kha! ( Sorry, in Thai)

We were like Mary and Joseph looking for an inn to stay though none of us were pregnant.

It was a good thing that when I started flailing my arms like a chicken complaining in English about the lack of service or help that one gave noticed, suggested a hotel and off we all went.

It was a pleasant boutique hotel with one last room but big enough for the five of us. I got the sofa, a bit shorter than my body so that night, my legs were propped against the wall as I slept in silence listening to the snoring piggies around me, meanie me! It wasn't melodic but my mind was already so tired of thinking about many things so I slept away.

Breakfast of coffee, bread, eggs, hotdogs and bacon was served in the morning. Geez, we only paid 1200 and we get all these servings.  What a bargain!  Then off to go back home as we embarked on another six hours sojourn with a stopover to peruse trinkets and whatever at the market in the border of Myanmar.



5 comments:

  1. Mabuhay! So Mary and Joseph found a great bargain hotel for just 1200 bahts!! That was plus 5 breakfasts!! Wow! I had never seen such a kind and generous hotel as they would normally give me just 2 breakfast vouchers strictly. I have been so desperately wanting to visit Myanmar someday. I was just looking at the flights for our coming July's public holidays to visit Bangkok too. I have too many friends and relatives to catch up in BKK that scared me as 3 nights is not enough. I might go to Myanmar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No my friend, the breakfast was only for two, so the rest went paying, not me though, ha,ha,ha!

    I hope to see you when our schedules do meet, whether in July or other days, as there would be plenty of stories to share.

    I wish to visit the city of Myanmar and not just the borders, one day, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine your stressful stance on that trip. But it's quite an adventure for you for sure.... Hope you still enjoyed your weekend :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did Cher, and next time, I will be questioning randomness though I like random stuff, more exciting!

    With traveling, I get to meet people and make acquaintances, good enough!

    ReplyDelete

  5. *hands Lobster a anti-headache pill, industrial strength*

    ReplyDelete