Monday, September 10

Vietnam (September 10, 2007)

My visit to Vietnam many years ago was a travel full of anecdotes that until now, I share to many of my international and local friends. I went to Ho Chi Minh with a very close American friend and we met her sister in there who was traveling around Asia. We had a blast.

However, I was ill for the first three days I was there so I ended up walking along the streets to explore city life. When I was stronger, we went to explore other sights of the city and its outskirt.

Early one night while I was strolling, I was hailed by a beautiful lady asking me to get in her bike and she'll drive me to her home. I refused and learned later what her intention was.

The next day I was being encouraged by a rickshaw driver to go and visit a certain place. I vividly remember his words, "You go and see young lady. You take away clothes. She takes away clothes. You touch everything." complete with hand gestures. I was rolling with laughter.

Vietnam is my place to shop and eat excellent food. It is a wonderful country not to be missed.




No comments:

Post a Comment