Friday, September 21

Giving and Forgiving (September 21, 2007)


I wrote in one of my profile that The Giving Tree is one of my all-time favorite book. It tells the story of a tree who loves a boy so much that the tree is willing to give everything. The tree gave its fruits, its branches, its trunk until it became just one plain stump.

I still have to meet a person as giving and forgiving as the Giving Tree. I can never be so giving and I am never so forgiving. So when I hear of real people who dedicates their lives in helping the needy, I respect them a lot. I may not be as giving and forgiving but I do pray that I can be in my own little ways.




1 comment:

  1. Irresistible Woman said...

    "The Giving Tree" is one of my favorite books. And Shel is one of my favorite poets. Finally, I'm married to someone as giving as the tree. If it's that kind of love you seek, you must first find it in God, then find it in yourself, then you will be able to find it in relationships.

    ReplyDelete