Saturday, November 8

An Intriguing Question (November 08, 2008)


While seated together and having snacks, a student of mine asked a question right in front of me, “How come everyone likes T. Jonathan?” I was surprised to hear the question as it was my first time to actually hear someone asked his peers about me. Also, the question was coming from a four year old child.

Nobody answered his questions but the two people seated beside me gave me a hug and a smile each. The reason for the questioning stemmed because everyone was scrambling for the only vacant space as they knew that I will be taking that spot. So he saw how each and every student tried hard to be first to get the only seat beside a vacant spot.

The question is a reflective question for me. It is time to think why children enjoy the company of their teachers a lot. One possible answer is because children knew what honest feelings are. They feel when they are loved. They feel when they are supported. They feel when they belong.

As I nurture the friendly and intelligent students I have in my class, I look into this life as a lucky strike. That I had been involved in rearing lives and in making these children feel at home when they are in school. This opportunity to work and be with children is possibly what makes me strive to live and be better. Their support and love are unmatchable. You can’t buy them from a store. It is given free.

No comments:

Post a Comment