Monday, November 10

Not Dictated (November 10, 2008)


A friend I met this morning told me that according to our horoscope next year, our lives will be a happier one. I paused momentarily to let that line sank in and answered, “Wow!”

Now this is something to think about or maybe dismissed but I just cannot understand how a horoscope can actually dictate what my life will be for the coming year. I knew for a fact that my life is going on a certain road because I made it that way. It was all about choices, about opportunities, and about accepting what was in store.

I can think of morbid thoughts and be glum for the entire day or wake up with a smile and face the day with bright spirits. I can go on living with no direction or give myself a chance to try new things. I can just move towards the current of everyday affairs or stop to clear the things that are bothering me. I can always just breathe and live or be mindful of my breathing and live a fruitful life.

My existence in this world is not dictated by horoscopes or fortune tellers. So if I am happy, it is because I have a choice. If I am happier, it is because I made it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment