Monday, December 15

Making the Most of Everything (December 15, 2008)

The happiest of people don't necessarily
Have the best of everything;
They just make the most of
Everything that comes along their way.

With the economic crunch, a lot of people are feeling the pinch and others are struggling to make ends meet. I was speaking with a friend earlier and found out that he had shifted work for a while to sustain the family’s income. He is happy to be able to receive an ample amount for a day’s worth. That ample amount will be able to help his family of four.

With his sharing, I was impressed how people can actually live with that ample amount and told myself that I am sure lucky to be earning more than enough. It was a reminder that my life is good and that I should be thankful for the bounty I am always receiving. It was a realization that people do the same hard work but earn differently. It takes one example shared by a friend for me to see once again that I am blessed.

I always try to remember that when something bad happens, another person is struggling more than what I am facing. Given an opportunity, one must strive to finish schooling, studying when the opportunity is present, to turn an interest into business, to believe in one’s dream, and be passionate with life. Life is not about acquiring material wealth. Life is about living a decent, happy and good life. It's happiness first!

No comments:

Post a Comment