Saturday, December 6

Best of All (December 06, 2008)



The arrival of a famous Wemmick turns Wemmicksville upside down and puts Punchinello in the pits. But Eli the woodcarver helps Punchinello see that he doesn't have to be made of the "right" wood to be special: "YOU ARE THE WAY YOU ARE BECAUSE I MADE YOU THAT WAY," says Eli. We sometimes think we have to be like famous or "beautiful" people to be special. God thinks otherwise; He made us just the way we are- on purpose.

I was very skinny when I was younger. I don't look good and I know that. When most of my friends were gaining weight and slowly forming muscles, I was this ugly duckling who had stayed the same.

I've met many people and had dated a few but most of my first time meets were disasters. I was always rejected even when I offered my friendship. I stayed away from people. I stayed away from the limelight of loving and securing a future by having someone to love and marry. I stayed inside my comfort zone, home.

That was many years ago. My present age had taught me that physical beauty is no longer as important as leading a good life. I became more confident with my capacity to share my love to others and share my time with my students. I became more involved in seeing the inner beauty of people rather than their outward appearances. I became more aware of my inner beauty coupled with compassion, patience and devotion to duty.

A few people and friends have seen these assets. They gave me the courage to believe. They challenged me by reflecting and seeing myself as a true person, thus making me happier.

I may not be made of "maple" nor a product of the finest forest but deep within me, I know that my maker chose me to be me- one lucky, special person.

No comments:

Post a Comment