Friday, December 25

Christmas

We make choices in life. Some chose to be away from home because they need to start a new life. Some made a choice to be away to escape what there was in their past lives. Some chose to stay. Whatever the choice was, there is one thing that connect us again, Christmas.

I put up a Christmas tree for many reasons. I celebrate Christmas and believe in the birth of Jesus Christ. I put up a tree every year because I am alone in the house, for almost eleven months of each year. The tree becomes a reminder of my childhood days: the presents, the parties, the get-togethers, my friends and my family. The tree reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas: not that of receiving but being more loving, more caring and more forgiving.

Since I live alone, the tree is there to reminisce family gatherings and make myself feel better. Looking at the tree is like having hope all the time. When I sit down on my sofa watching the flickering lights, I cry not because of its simplistic beauty but because of the past and good memories associated with it. Christmas is my favourite celebration and putting up the tree early is a way of making the spirit of Christmas longer in my household. Believe me that it takes courage to put them back inside the box.

The lights of the tree just as the star that led the Three Kings to Jesus will shine among us so that we could always remember the goodness of Christmas and the goodness of our hearts, the friendship and the best times of togetherness, the love and warmth of our families, and our commitment to our faith.

Merry Christmas to all and God bless!

2 comments: