Thursday, December 6

500

As a little child, 2 pesos to 5 would mean a lot. I would often go around my neighbourhood, looked for the elders and they would give me 2 or 5 pesos as Christmas money. I remember going back home, counting all those crispy bills and saying, "How rich I am."

When I was a teenager, I would save my 20 pesos by only eating 5 to 7 pesos of lunch (a plate of rich with one stick of barbeque's and some ketchup), that's all. Water was even free! The rest, I put them aside so that I can buy myself a new pencil, or some project related materials for school. 

When I went to the university, I always end up going with a friend who owned a small eatery by another university so we can eat for free. His mom would be very caring and we always enjoyed her delicious meals. I saved my money so I can buy a new shirt or a book to read.

I earn very little when I started teaching but I managed to survived my first year because of the university allowance I get from my graduate school studies. I was already spending two thirds of my salary for transportation purposes alone leaving with very little to buy food or drinks. 

These were just snippets of my early life and most of these highs and lows of being me are transcribed in my blog for years now. 500 is a big number and I am celebrating my 500th entry, 502 actually, with this recollection of tales: friendships made and lost, family dramas, learning experiences, travels and good fortunes.

Will I made it to 600, I don't know but it was a blast having my thoughts shared to some very few. Thanks for the visits. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your journey is inspiring! And congratz to your blog for reaching 500+ already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thanks! I find blogging my home.

    ReplyDelete