Tuesday, December 11

Entangled

One of the most fascinating things I do find in the school's garden is this clump of roots that interlock each other. The tree is actually leaning against the wall since it didn't have much space to grow. Through time, the smaller roots just hang on to each other making twines and knots around the root ball.

I find life like that. When I was younger, I never had a mentor that can explain to me the basics of everything. I need to find the answers on my own.  There was experimentation made. There were series of trials and errors. Mostly, the failures I encountered ended up to be building blocks for my formation as a person.

My ideas would often be mixed. Questioning myself all the time, such as, trying to value whether something has to be taken or given up, or if something is correct or wrong. If I pursue such a desire, the consequences might not be favourable. All these questions had lingered since there was no way to take flight, it was suffocating.

Then I decided to leave my nest, to further my explorations with the best intention. To know what there is in this world that I can grow with and be proud of myself later on. The intertwining roots of my existence gave me the will to move, and to discover new grounds. Since there was no guidance from anyone, I became cautious and then started to build a life deemed proper and decent to live.

I learned many things from all these many years. One thing that I must always remember though, that however bad something is, with will and faith; we can always overcome our entanglement.

No comments:

Post a Comment