Tuesday, January 8

Art of the Brick 2

Four more works by Nathan Sawaya with his short anecdote for each piece.
CELLO: As an attempt to inspire kids to explore music, I created this life-size cello completely out of Lego bricks. Although it is the exact size as a real cello, please don't try to play it, it might look like a cello but it sounds like LEGO! (2009)

COMPUTER:  The arm reaching out is representative of the reach of technology into our lives. I built this sculpture over the course of two years. The original computer was completed in 2006, but I decided to add the arm reaching out of the screen in 2008.

PEACE SYMBOL: What does it take to create peace? All the colours in the world working together, of course! This sculpture was created using thousands of recycled bricks. (2010)

MY BOY: Loss, along with love, is one of the recurring themes in my art.  This particular sculpture was inspired from a  sad story I was told by a parent. After learning of the story, I began working on this sculpture right away, finishing it almost two months later. (2009)

My personal fave is the PEACE SYMBOL for I work in an international community of different nationalities and cultures where respect is highly expected but often not followed. I always hear racial indifferences and there are times that being Asian becomes a disadvantage rather than an asset.

So just in case I will be asked in a beauty pageant, heaven forbids, I will answer the most used answer, yet still unattainable, WORLD PEACE!

11 comments:

  1. Stunning works of art. Awe-inspiring. The mind really has unfathomable imagination. The creativity plus the skill combined is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow parang pieta nice
    galing talaga want ko tulog mag lego ee haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. da best ang cello at my boy.. Aztig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kakaibang likha.... ayos ang pagka arts ^^

    Like ko ung CELLO ... pansin ko kasi ung shadow niya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang galliiiiing! Napakahusay. Nakapag decide nakong gagawa ng miniatures this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mr. Jay,

    It just show that each and everyone is different as one can be this creative while others are great in different fields.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi MeCoy,

    I like the story behind the pieta-like structure. An artwork is most powerful when they can move people to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Senyor,

    I like them all though, na kapag tinignan mo sila isa isa, iba iba ang dating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mr. Jon,

    Kakaiba nga at ako'y namangha ng aking nasilayan ang kanyang mga likha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Pao Kun,

    May deadline ka, two weeks na lang, tapos na ang January, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Galing nong gumawa. Thanks for sharing:) inspirational.
    By the way, I wrote about my cindrella man in my other blog: joysnotepad.blogspot.com. as I read the comments, they say that they were inspired.
    God works really in marvelous ways into each and everyones life:)

    ReplyDelete