Tuesday, January 29

The Three Bears, a Revisit

When I started as a teacher in a Chinese school, I had to make my own props for story telling as well as hundreds of educational media for teaching preschoolers. It was a gruelling task as it takes time and all my creative juices were flowing in excess to make interesting teaching materials. 

One of my fave story at that time was the traditional but never dying story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I recently resurrected my bears and Goldilocks props and took some photos for keeping in the hope that I can cherish them forever through this blog. 

Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear with their respective chairs.
The Bears with their bowls of porridge.

The Bears with their different sizes of beds.

Goldilocks with no golden locks, lol!
The children always had fun listening to the story what with the moving puppets I created with toilet rolls, cloth scraps, markers and glue. Simple but very effective! Nowadays, we simply google the story and out comes a talking rendition of our all time fairy tale favourites. Effective but not as creative.

16 comments:

  1. very strategic. 100% effective. good job sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Hope I didn't scare you with my puppets, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. puppets are adorable, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Very creative ka pa pala. You never fail to impress me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bait bait naman sa comment :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wala pa akong interior design background niyan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creative juices are really creative and imaginative. Kudos for this work. Effective tool talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I still use a lot of teacher made materials rather than the ones you buy from websites and teacher resource stores. I find them more interesting for children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats is so cute,
    it would be lovely to see you telling stories with that props,
    I remember i also did such thing back then on the child ministry of our church

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gave a presentation in an international teachers conference once using a similar props and it was a success. Why did you stop teaching in your church
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I wish I could make the same for my son. Galing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks. Kaya mo yan at very cheap. You can make them with him if he can colour and cut na.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ang cucute ng mga pigs Walang Leeg hahaha!gnyn tlga Pagtitser Kelngn Mging creative! Naks Nmn! Gusto ko mrinig Ung story from U Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Overweight kasi so walang mga leeg. Kidding aside nahirapan akong ikabit so wala na lang leeg. Ano, video ko din ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hang Cute ^^ super creative.... galing naman....

    ReplyDelete