Wednesday, January 16

A Part Of Me

My trip back home was not a needed respite from work. I did my spring cleaning or so should I say, winter cleaning and packed all the most important memorabilia I could keep, as much as the boxes provided can hold.

The mugs alone stashed in two kitchen cupboards were brimming with stories of friendships, of gratitude and regrets. They were kept not for their purposes but to remind me of their worth as moments to ponder. While I took each and one of them to be wrapped, I cannot but be brought to my past.

With all the cleaning I did, I found some of my many first, gadget wise. They were mostly given to me by an affluent aunt. They were working many years ago but with the storage period, they are now just displays of my past.



Bicycle Light with Radio

AM/FM Radio

Instamatic Camera

Scientific Calculator

I was able to keep these four as they were displayed randomly around the house. I do not recall my first mobile phone but I remember having this humongous tower like phone as a handheld one. I gave away the first TV and Stereo set I had, a 14 inch tube and a big four deck stereo made of hard plastic, China brand.

These had served their purposes when they were new and had been worthwhile to have. They gave me some comfort and the people around me were even jealous of what I had. Anyway, I am posting them to document my past. I live in the now, but I owe a lot of my learning from my past.

20 comments:

  1. di ako masinop sa gamit kaya wa na kong natabi hahah
    cute naman nung am/pm radio haha

    kala ko nung una camera ung una ee haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. sentimental kasi ako at mayroon naman kasing puwedeng pagtaguan so I kept them. I even have all the cards given to me, filed well.

    laki naman flash nun, ha,ha,ha! ang baduy na niyan kung ilalagay ko sa bisikleta, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True... There are things that constantly remind us of great memories...

    Kaka-relate ako...

    Everytime na makikita ko yung mga old stuff ko, parang nakikipag-usap sila sa akin... They make me smile and sometimes cry pa lalo na kung may good musical score...

    Emo lang...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Senyor,

      Gusto ko yung effect, very dramatic, reminds me of how I was looking at each item at home, remembering good times and then some tears, emo lang din!

      Delete
  4. there's always something good to look back at in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we learn from them... They are not just memories but reminders when we constantly see them around. Like writing and commenting in blogs, I will surely remember you visiting first and coming back all the time. I am grateful for the visits.

      Delete
  5. pareho tayo. Mahirap para sakin itapon o ipamigay yung mga may sentimental value sakin. Basta bagay na nakakapag bigay ng memory ng past ko e mahirap iwalay para saakin. Ganyan. HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ang problema lang eh puwedeng anayin o dagdag basura sa bahay. Kaya dapat, dalawa ang bahay natin, isa para tirhan at yung isa para paglagyan ng kayamanan!

      Delete
  6. wow! ang galing, luma sila pero parang in good condition pa rin :)

    gusto ko yung bicycle light with radio saka yung am/fm radio :)

    kayamanan na yan sir, pwedeng ipamana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aanhin mo naman kung ipamana ko sa iyo? Tignan ko muna kung may value sa market, hahaha!

      Delete
  7. kakabilib naman... ako naman wala na yatang naitabi hehehe

    maganda nga ung kahit luma na nasa iyo pa rin lalo na kung may sentimental value....

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok lang yan, pera na lang ang itabi, magagamit pa in the future :)

      Maganda nga kasi may instant display ka na sa bahay with a matching story.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. There is something different from what is old from what is recent. For one, its value through time.

      Delete
  9. wow ang cool! i love those kidn of displays, may some form of history and even private stories. i like the bike light may radio pa lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga. Kabit mo yan sa bike mo this time, tawanan ka kaya. Pero kung may halaga na yan, ikaw na ang tumawa, ha,ha,ha.

      Delete
  10. The more na binabasa ko mga post mo, the more Iike your personality.
    Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will also back read your blog entries. Malay mo mapunta ako Norway, lol!

      Delete
  11. Coming from your present post in July of 2013 I followed the trail and found this. I really like this

    "I live in the now, but I owe a lot of my learning from my past."

    Pareho lang tayong pack rat at hindi rin ako madaling mag let go ng mga bagay bagay na may sentimental value...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pack rat na kung pack rat, ibig sabihin marami tayong good memories.

      Delete