Sunday, November 22

What a Day-saster!

I had a health check up in a hospital that I frequent and what a day! I believe in being on time because it is an impression that people will have of you so I was there at 8. After all the necessary documentations and lah lah lah, I was asked to have my blood taken.  While waiting, a group of four people came ten minutes after me and guess what happened next. They were called in first!

Knowing me when I am the epitome in school on how people should never cut lines, I was furious.  So the test for my high blood pressure skyrocketed and the nurse was asking me if this was ordinary.  Yeah Miss! Wanna rub it in? Then because of my splitting headache, I couldn't read any of the numbers on the board.  I was able to read the number 5 as it was projected on the screen about three inches big.


Then I heard the names called for x ray examination and I was in the middle pile, after two persons. When we proceeded to the exam room,  I was called last again. God knows how difficult it was for them to pronounce my name, JO- NHUH-THUN!


I was so pissed that I went to the International Relations Services for translations and complaints.  After some breathing exercises in front of a beautiful lady who speaks English, I decided to have their 'free' healthy meal before going on my next hurdles.  There were no seats available, no spoons and appalling breakfast of cereal and milk of which I have an intolerance to. I wonder if I could actually mix my coffee or tea with my finger and sue them for burn.


I left the hospital and devoured on McDo breakfast meal of Sausage McMuffin with egg plus coffee. Heavenly grease and arteries clogging combination for stroke and Alzheimer. Phew! Another trip to a hospital in the future.


As they needed a urine analysis, they gave me a plastic bottle to fill. I could have filled the small bottle with beer as my urine sample so as I be labelled alcoholic. So after filling it with my very own liquid waste, off for my eye and dental exams.  I hope they both check my eyes because it says, eye exam.


While waiting for my name to be called, I received a call from the same hospital asking my whereabouts.  I told the person on the other line that I was on the third floor, just two floors below where I was earlier.  Then I was told I will never be called because I do not have the correct papers with me, what the 'pack'! If the translator didn't follow me, I will be typing this in the hospital because I ended staying there for a night.


The results of the tests were scheduled at one in the afternoon and of course as it was a day-saster day, the doctor came in late and I was finally called at 2:10. Some more checks from Dr. Tardy and the verdict: normal with everything except for less intake of carbohydrates and sweets.


Sigh, after my most memorable Sunday escapade at the hospital, I went to the nearest mall and bought jellies, bread with mayo and pork floss, and roast pork with butter bread. Yum! Did I say I listened?


'Pack' this Benign Positional Vertigo I am experiencing!


P.S. The kind lady was named Fah and she helped me throughout. Fah is literally translated as heaven and she was angel sent. I gave her a bar of dark chocolate as a token of appreciation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment