Monday, November 12

Maybe, A Series Part 5 (November 12, 2007)


Maybe. . you should always try to put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that something could hurt you, it probably will hurt the other person,too.

One of the weakness I have is too much symphathy for many things. I do not enjoy seeing people getting hurt, much so, watch a movie with violence. I cringe when I see people fighting or when I am being hurt.


When I was in my high school days, I used to wear an old uniform for Saturday classes or when we need to meet during weekends in school. The old uniform is no longer worn by students but it had been common for the custodians to wear them.

One Saturday morning while I was monitoring my classroom, two of my former classmates passed by the class and saw me. Aside from mockingly hurting me with words, they also sneered and mockingly asked, "Are you a janitor now?" , "Can't buy a new shirt to wear?" I stood there speechless and helpless. I felt humiliated.

I still remember those two people and I can still see in my memory their faces with those evil smiles. I have learned to forgive and forget. The experience did not make me weaker nor evil. The experience made me wiser and more forgiving.













No comments:

Post a Comment