Friday, November 9

A Long Way To Go (November 09, 2007)



Once when my students and I went on a field trip, the traffic was really bad. Besides, the place was quite adistance from our school. My students had been asking me incessantly, "Are we there yet?" and the only answer I can give was, "Soon!"

In life's battle, we always wanted to end the miseries and the sorrowful stages of our lives by asking, "When is this going to end?" This is human nature. Nobody was born happy enduring life's hardships. Everybody wants out from sadness, loneliness, and sickness. We struggle every now and then, making sure that we get to see the light. It is a long process.

And when we are ecstatic and feeling bright and cheery, we don't want to end it either. When we are in love, we say, "I hope this happiness never ends." When we are basking in glory and fame, we say, "I hope this will last forever."

It's a long way to reach what we dream of but, we are humans capable of pursuing those dreams. It's a long way when we are feeling miserable but, we know whatever road we take, there is always an end. Just like when we are born, we will in time, meet our Creator in the end. And when we meet our Creator, it will be a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment