Friday, November 2

Maybe, A Series Part 3 (November 2, 2007)


Maybe . . the best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

This is dedicated to one very close friend. Rolly is a good natured individual whose zest for life is unwavering. Destined to bring his siblings to higher places, he started a business for them to take care of. He works hard so that he is able to send money to his siblings and care for them. He is a very good provider.

In one of his very few visits to my residence, we enjoyed our conversation sitting on a rocking swing I have at home. We were there for many hours, conversing then pausing then just being quiet. Though there were moments of silence, it was perhaps the most engaging and the most intelligent conversations I had in years.

We were together as friends for almost three years when I decided to let go of our friendship. I miss the togetherness, the closeness, and the bonding between male friends. I rarely had a good friend so close and had never been in close proximity with someone till now. He is dearly missed.

1 comment: