Friday, January 11

Hugs (January 11, 2008)

The first week of school is over and I am exhausted. I am tired not because of the workload but because I just came from a three weeks vacation. As they say, one needs a vacation after a vacation.

I miss the children. The children came in to class and they were full of life, stories to tell, things to share, and the joys in their faces are just the needed incentives for being a teacher. They gave me hugs over and over again in a span of two days. It was beyond expectation.

The power of hug is just miraculous. When one is scared, a hug from a mum is just what a child needs. When one is hurt, a hug from the nanny makes the bruise hurt less. When one is crying, a hug from a friend eases the burden momentarily.

There is nothing more rewarding than to see happy faces, great spirits, and fond enthusiasm from children. They might not be my own children but they certainly are my life's treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment