Tuesday, January 15

Acquaintance or Friend (January 15, 2008)


Exactly ten years ago, a friend sent me a packet of letters from each and everyone in our group thru snail mail. I wasn’t hooked up to the net at that time so this last packet of letters was sent to cheer me up.

In one of the letters, it says,

I decided to send you this article (The difference between an acquaintance and being a friend) coz I feel the message of “Being a Friend” is quite nice and timely. I’m sure you’ll like it too as it have a touching message. It’s also our message to you that wherever you are and whatever your decisions are; we’ll always be there to support you. And we should be thankful that we have a group and that we continue to grow with our friends emotionally and spiritually. (D.)

Today is her birthday and I wanted to assure her that I will always be around even if we are separated by great distances. It is a celebration of friendship and not just being acquainted with one another. It is also an assurance to my friends that even if I am not always calling, e-mailing or sending messages; you are often thought of, prayed and deeply cared for. I miss all of you dearly.

1 comment: