Thursday, January 24

The Treasure (January 24, 2008)


Sometimes one must travel far to discover what is near. (The Treasure)

When I was still living with my parents, I took it for granted the very relationship I have with my mum and dad. It was just an everyday meet, greeting each other in the morning and saying good night. It was just an ordinary get together during lunch and dinner. We rarely speak, rarely say what we feel, and rarely sit down for a chat.

I am now far away from my parents and from my friends. I had been away for many years though I visit them when I can. Lately, I have noticed that I am becoming lonelier and lonelier. I am feeling homesick and alone most of the time. I also feel that I have not been a good son to my parents because I had been away for a long time.

So now, I grab what I can to be able to visit my parents such as time and opportunities. I make sure that when I am there I am listening and sharing and showing my true affections. Distance and time made me realize the beauty I left and the lost, I am now feeling.



No comments:

Post a Comment