Monday, May 12

Hanging In There (May 12, 2008)


I have met many people who had been away from their family, just like me, and been living a lonely life. The only difference is that they have a family they can call their own while I have none. I try to gauge whether I should be lonelier or they should and it’s me who is losing.

When we reach a certain age, we feel that our life is not complete because we are missing something. In my part, I am missing a family to call my own. It is a choice I made so I have no right to complain. It’s just that I wanted to show people how lucky they are for having a family they can call their own. So that when they get old and gray, they knew that there will be someone or some family members who will be there for them. As a friend commented, “I believe having my own family is the reason for living.”

I am getting old and feeling weary but I am hanging in there. I am hanging from a thread, a thread of hope, that someday my life will be complete.

1 comment: