Thursday, May 1

To Paulyn (May 01, 2008)


When I started teaching, I met this friend who had been very supportive and friendly to me. She came up with help for new teachers and had been equally generous with suggestions and ideas. She was always there.

Along with another good friend, we became closer as years passed. After six years, al three parted ways to pursue better opportunities. That was fifteen years ago.

Just recently we connected again. Those many years passed were just recorded images as we traversed through events and joyful happenings in our friendship. We started making jokes about petty misfortunes and felt how trivial it was to be complaining the whole time. Life is different now. We have aged and matured to look back and reminisce the past as experiences that had help us with our continual living. We had embraced our growing old as part of the learning experience, to weather the challenges and live up to our standards.

It is good to see how I have grown as a person through someone’s eyes. It is also very encouraging to know that amidst those long years of silence and lost communication is a friendship untarnished and treasured.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Jon,

    Just want to thank you for including me on your blog. You made me cry huhuhu... Anyways, am so touched with what you wrote. Just always remember... I will always be here.

    P.

    ReplyDelete