Sunday, May 4

Reunion (May 05, 2008)

It’s going to be the 25th! That’s a lot of years since I graduated from high school.

My high school life was what you might call ordinary. There were no frills and thrills you see in a coming of age movie or stories about teens. I wouldn’t say it was boring, it was just plain ‘attend school and go home’ kind of thing. Even weekends were not allocated for social gatherings. It was home-school-home.

Yet one of the best things in my life was attending high school. It was in high school that I learned how to cope with success and with failure. It was in high school that I learned to struggle with making my grades better. It was in high school that I saw the real meaning of being a meanie and a goody and I still remember them. It was in high school that I met nine outstanding individuals (and you know who you are).

The beauty lies not only in meeting nine different individuals but the years after that. Our camaraderie is tested by time. We see each other on a regular basis (if time permits) and update each other through electronic mail. So when I go back to reminisce high school, I just say, “I am one lucky chap!”

And I say, “Growth comes not just by living our lives but also by being with others.”

No comments:

Post a Comment