Saturday, May 3

Sincere Caring (May 03, 2008)


It was raining the whole day but it was not an excuse. It was Sunday so I have to do my usual duty. I lined up the plastic pots and filled them half way with dirt. Then I took all the Laurentii I plucked from one side of the garden and started repotting them. I finished fourteen big pots that afternoon. I suffered with a back ache afterwards.

The Laurentii plants were from our school’s garden. When they were about to be thrown, I took them home as I saw the potential of those plants not only as decors for my garden but because I like the shape and coloration. I took them home and planted them in my garden. After some months, I was blessed with flowers so sweet and beautiful. It was an exhilarating moment seeing those many flowers blooming for quite some time.

Some people are like the Laurentii plant in my story. There are things that we don’t see in people that’s why we neglect their presence. If we happen to meet someone and our guts tell us that this person is a gem, accept the friendship. If our “new” friend is having difficulty to pursue life’s challenges, extend some support. It is in helping another person live that we get to see the beauty within ourselves. It is in leading another life to grace and honour that we gain merits of our existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment